Monday, March 29, 2010

WHAT'S THE TRUTH?


One of my Dad’s favorite sayings was, “If you can’t say something nice about someone, don’t say anything at all.”

If we were to abide by that saying, many of us would be fairly quiet, wouldn’t we?

Let’s take a minute. When we hear a quote - any quote, do we compare it with scripture to see if it is true or false?

How about this particular quote - how does it measure up to the Word"

Do not grumble, brethren, against one another that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the doors. James 5:9

Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ. Ephesians 4:15

It takes a wise person to know when to be quiet, when to speak up and, if we are to speak, what to say.

Heavenly Father, please help me be more aware of the things I read and hear. Please lead me to Your Word to see if what I hear and see is true. Please help me be quiet when and if You want me to be quiet. Please help me to speak the truth in love, if I am to speak. Please help me to be wise with Your wisdom. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: