Monday, December 28, 2009

PATHS OF IMAGINATION


My daughter woke in the night with an extremely painful earache. I applied warm, moist compresses to the area, the proper thing to do. As I sent her back to bed, I stayed awake imagining . . . . By the time I was finished imagining, I had my daughter deaf in both ears and enrolled far from home in a school for the deaf.

How silly, I thought, as I awoke the next morning, realizing that my daughter was better . . . not totally deaf.

I began to wonder on what other paths my imagination takes me throughout each day? How about your imagination? Where is it taking you?

We need to commit our every thought into God’s keeping or our imaginations truly will run away with us - far from God.

The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Genesis 6:5

We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle to the knowledge of God and take every thought captive to obey Christ . . . . II Corinthians 10:5

Heavenly Father, I place my thoughts and imagination into Your hands for safe-keeping. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: