Monday, November 2, 2009

LIGHT


The leaves fell off the trees. No longer was the house shaded, the rooms dark and cozy. Now every nook and cranny was exposed to the sunlight blasting through the windows.

Cobwebs and dust suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It could be seen that the kitchen floor needed a good scrubbing. Even the plants needed their leaves washed off.

As the light came pouring through the windows, I knew exactly what two friends of mine meant when they commented on how clearly they could see now that their cataracts were removed. The colors! The light!

All of a sudden I, too, could see clearly. And this is how God sees us - clearly, every nook and cranny. He sees not only my outward actions but my inner thoughts, attitudes, motives and purposes.

As we clean our homes, may we also spend some time seeing what God sees in us - our thoughts, attitudes, motives and purposes. May we correct what needs correction but also let us allow ourselves to see and be thankful for the goodness God has placed in each of us - if we allow Him entrance.

But when anything is exposed by the light it becomes visible . . . . Ephesians 5:14

He (Jesus) is the sole expression of the glory of God and the Light being, the out-raying of the divine. Hebrews 1:3

You have loved righteousness - You have delighted in integrity, virtue and uprightness in purpose, thought and action. Hebrews 1:9

Heavenly Father, please shine Your light upon me at this season of my life. Let me see myself as You see me - that You love me, that You want the best for me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: