Monday, October 5, 2009

I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU


I know, I've cut off the scripture mid-sentence but sometimes maybe we should look more closely at what is being said.

Normally when we think of this scripture, we see

"I will never leave you or forsake you." Hebrews 13:15.
That is comforting for an eternity!

Yet when I read that today, right this minute, I see only the first part -
"I will never leave you . . . "

For me, right now, that means He won't leave me as I am. God's intent is that I become more like Jesus. To have His mind on things matters. To have His attitude toward people and circumstances and to have His actions in everyday life.

He will never leave me stuck in selfishness, rebellion, anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, hard heartedness and/or hard headedness. He won't leave me there. He will send circumstances, people and His very own Spirit to change me into being who He created me to be - filled with all that pleases Him.

What is He speaking to you about today, What is He not leaving you in?

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me so much that you won't leave me, ever. In Jesus' name. Amen

No comments: